If you remember the comically awful “Sharknado” movie that first aired on the Syfy channel, you should be pleased to know that there is a sequel appropriately named “Sharknado 2″ in the works. Unfortunately, the producers need some help.
The studio producing the film, The Asylum, is using crowdfunding site Indiegogo to raise $50,000 that they will use for a special scene that will include “sharks, chainsaws, and chainsaws being used in the vicinity of sharks.”
If you help donate to the crowdfunding efforts, here is what you can receive:
- We’ll tell you what the scene is and where it appears.
- A recording of your scream will be used in the movie.
- We’ll put YOU in the movie!
- An outrageous amount of swag, including stuff autographed by the stars
- A custom t-shirt
- And more! Be sure to check this space for new perks as the campaign gets going!
The movie will be coming to Syfy on July 30, so it will be interesting to see what the producers have in store, but we would anticipate something as epicly awful as the first film, but we will still love watching the disaster play out.
Who doesn’t like terrible film that is so ridiculous it makes you laugh?