Oct 12, 2013; Blacksburg, VA, USA; A Virginia Tech Hokies helmet lays on the sidelines during the fourth quarter against the Pittsburgh Panthers at Lane Stadium. The Hokies defeated Pitt 19-9. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

Virginia Tech football recruiting: 3-star DE Harry Lewis commits to Hokies


The Virginia Tech Hokies added their third verbal commitment on Saturday when 3-star strong side defensive end Harry Lewis gave his pledge to the Hokies.

Lewis joins a pair of 3-star cornerbacks in Northern Guilford’s (Greenboro, North Carolina) Mook Reynolds and Woodson H.D.’s (Washington D.C.) DuWayne Johnson as Hokie commitments.

88% of the crystal ball predictions on 24/7 Sports pegged Lewis to commit to the Hokies, with the Duke Blue Devils holding the other 12%, so Lewis giving the Hokies his pledge has seemed like a matter of when and not if for some time.

The 6’2, 260-pounder is from Hampton, Virginia and attends Phoebus High School, making him the first in-state prospect to commit to the Hokies.

Lewis is ranked as the the 38th-best strong side defensive end prospect in the country, the 28th-best overall prospect in the state of Virginia and the 726th-best overall prospect in the class of 2015, according to 24/7 Sports’ composite rankings.

Lewis, who took an unofficial visit to Blacksburg on Saturday, also held offers from the Blue Devils, Cincinnati Bearcats and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, among others.

Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":

Tags: Recruiting Virginia Tech Hokies