On Sunday night, Melvin Manhoef and Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos finally stepped in the cage for a rematch eight years in the making. While their first fight at Cage Rage 15 back in 2006, which Manhoef won by knockout, was a thrilling fight that fans still talk about to this day, Sunday’s meeting ended much quicker.
With the two men squaring off for the inaugural Gringo Super Fight welterweight championship at GSF 10 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Manhoef was able to score a dominant win in just 46 seconds.
Santos protested the stoppage after believing that Manhoef landed an illegal knee, but the result was upheld.
After the bout, former PRIDE and WEC star Paulo Filho entered the cage and it was announced that Filho would challenge Manhoef for the title in November.
You can check out the finish from Manhoef in the video below, followed by the full results from GSF 10:
- Melvin Manhoef def. Evangelista Santos via first-round TKO
- Pedro Brum def. Rodolfo Buda via first-round submission (armbar)
- Murilo Filho def. Lucas Hodak second-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Fabio Verediano def. Carlos Alexandre third-round TKO
- Raush Manfio def. Douglas Saraiva via second-round TKO (doctor stoppage)
- Aline Serio def. Paula Baack via split decision
- Alex Oliveira def. Junior Luiz via first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Paulo Robinson def. Tony Fox via unanimous decision
- Thiago Babuino def. Paulo Ricardo via second-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Almir Junior def. Rafael Nem via second-round TKO