UFC 173 is set to take place later this month, with a headlining bout for the bantamweight title. Current UFC champion Renan Barao will be putting his belt on the line against Team Alpha Man’s T.J. Dillashaw, and the referee for the main event has been announced.
As has been the case with many of the UFC’s high-profile match ups, one of the best referees in the sport, Herb Dean, has been given duties to call the title fight.
Derek Cleary, Chris Lee and Tony Weeks will serve as the judges for the main event.
The judges and referees were given their assignments for the event from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday. MMAjunkie.com was first to pass along the report.
UFC 173 will be taking place on Saturday, May 24 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
You can view the full fight card for the event below:
- Renan Barao vs. T.J. Dillashaw for UFC bantamweight title
- Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Robbie Lawler
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Francisco Rivera
- James Krause vs. Jamie Varner
- Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
- Chico Camus vs. Chris Holdsworth
- Mitch Clarke vs. Al Iaquinta
- Anthony Njokuani vs. Vinc Pichel
- Aaron Phillips vs. Sam Sicilia
- Jingliang Li vs. David Michaud