On Saturday night, California Chrome will enter the 139th running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course as the heavy favorite in the ten-horse field. California Chrome, who is starting the race from the No. 3 post position, is expected to come away from Pimlico with the win and capture the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Of course, there will be a number of horses looking to pull off the upset, with Ride On Curlin, Bayern and Social Inclusion being given the most likely chances.
Ria Antonia, the only filly in the field who will be ridden by jockey Calvin Borel, is the biggest longshot.
Below are the latest betting odds for each horse in this weekend’s race:
Note: Each horse is listed in order of their post position
1. Dynamic Impact/Mena/Casse/ 12-1
2. General a Rod/Castellano/Maker/ 15-1
3. California Chrome/Espinoza/Sherman/ 3-5
4. Ring Weekend/Garcia/Motion/ 20-1
5. Bayern/Napravnik/Baffert/ 10-1
6. Ria Antonia/Borel /Amoss/ 30-1
7. Kid Cruz/ Pimental/Rice /20-1
8. Social Inclusion/Contreras/Azpurua /5-1
9. Pablo Del Monte/Sanchez/Ward/ 20-1
10. Ride On Curlin/Rosario.Gowan/ 10-1
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the weekend for the latest news and rumors for the 2014 Preakness Stakes.