New head coach Bobby Petrino is going to have a difficult time recruiting on the same level that Charlie Strong did with the Louisville Cardinals. Strong, of course, left the Cardinals to take over the Texas Longhorns.
Coincidentally, the Cardinals are looking to the state of Texas to fill out their 2015 and 2016 recruiting classes. In fact, they have offered 10 players from one school – South Oak Cliff High School in Dallas.
The following players from the class of 2015 now have Louisville offers:
- 4-star running back Jordan Stevenson, who is committed to the Texas Longhorns
- 3-star wide receiver J.F. Thomas, who is committed to the TCU Horned Frogs
- 3-star safety Prentice McKinney, who is committed to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- 3-star safety Jamile Johnson, who is committed to the Oklahoma Sooners
- Defensive tackle Jalen Goss
- Cornerback Takadrae Williams
- Cornerback X’zaviae Ausborne
The following players in the class of 2016 have offers:
- 4-star defensive end Marvin Terry
- Cornerback Juice Parker
- Defensive end/outside linebacker Hal Vincent
The Cardinals currently have one commitment in the class of 2015, 3-star cornerback T.J. Jallow from Olive Branch, Mississippi, and no commitments in the class of 2016.