Saturday night in New York City inside the Hammerstein Ballroom, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling got together and collaborated on one of the better pay-per-view events of the year, “War of the Worlds.” This was a card that was stacked with talent from all around the globe, and it did not disappoint.
There were title matches throughout the night between the stars of New Japan and ROH, and we even saw the tag team titles change hands, as well as a triple threat match implemented by Nigel McGuinness at the beginning of the show.
Here’s a look at the complete results from Saturday night’s show:
- ACH, Matt Taven, and Tommaso Ciampa beat Takaaki Watanabe, Rocky Romero, and Alex Koslov in 9:05.
- Roderick Strong and B.J. Whitmer beat Gedo and Jado in 7:00.
- Jay Lethal defeated KUSHIDA in 11:30 to retain the ROH TV Title.
- Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated Jay and Mark Briscoe to retain the IWGP Tag Team Championship in 10:25.
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Kevin Steen in a non-title match in 12:15.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Michael Bennett in 13:30.
- Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly defeated The Young Bucks to retain the ROH Tag Titles in 13:00.
- Adam Cole defeated Jushin Liger in 13:20 to retain the ROH Title.
- A.J. Styles defeated Michael Elgin and Okada to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in 17:15.
What was your favorite match of the evening? Let us know in the comments below.