Fans of the HBO series Game of Thrones will have to wait one extra week to see what happens next in Westeros as there will be no new episode Sunday night for the Memorial Day holiday, so in the meantime Winteriscoming.net has given us some information on who could be joining the cast for season five with some details on the prospective new characters.
Check out who will be joining the cast but please beware the character details may contain spoilers.
- Prince Doran Martell – Doran is described as the major new player this year, appearing in multiple episodes. The fifty-something prince uses a wheelchair, is reclusive and rules wisely. It appears the show is looking to continue the trend it started with Pedro Pascal, and cast Latino actors for the Martell clan.
- Prince Trystane Martell – Trystane, the handsome fiance of Princess Myrcella, is being aged up to 18.
- Areo Hotah – Doran’s personal bodyguard will appear throughout the season, assisting the prince with his duties. The show is particularly looking for a black actor to fill the role.
The Sand Snakes, Oberyn Martell’s bastard daughters (with ages ranging 18-25):
- Obara Sand – The eldest and most athletic Sand Snake will be having a major fight scene with a series regular character- not one who crosses her path in the books. This is an interesting change.
- Nymeria Sand – Nymeria is described as “mixed race,” with her father being the fairer Oberyn and her mother being darker skinned. The second oldest of these Sand Snakes, she’s beautiful, emotional and very strong.
- Tyene Sand - The youngest of the Sand Snakes that we meet uses her wits and seductive powers, and is less of a physical fighter than the other Sand Snakes. She is just as deadly as her sisters, however, but her weapon is poison.
- High Sparrow - The books’ pious head of a religious movement will be appearing in several episodes in season 5.
- Septa Unella – The show is looking for a character actress to play the imposing and unrelenting septa who spends a lot of time with a major series character next year.
- Maggy the Frog- A fortune teller in A Feast for Crows, she’ll be in one episode next year.
- Lollys Stokeworth – Just last week in “Mockingbird,” Bronn announced his intention to marry Lollys, whom Tyrion considers “dimwitted.” It looks like the sellsword will still be around next year.
- Yezzan - A sleazy Meereenese slave owner.
- The Waif – The strange child from the books that Arya encounters will likely be played by an older actress, one in her later teens, and we understand the show is specifically looking for a woman of East Asian descent for the part.
Based on this list of characters its safe to say that Martell and his home of Dorne will be a prominent story line in next season. He was introduced to us this season and after last week’s “Mockingbird” episode became a favorite of mine. The upcoming episode should be a scintillating episode to see exactly what happens in his battle with “The Mountain.”
Tags: Game Of Thrones