On the main card of UFC 173 on Saturday night, Robbie Lawler and Jake Ellenberger faced off in a key welterweight battle as both men looked to get back into the title picture and state their case for a title shot.
Lawler has been hoping for a rematch against Johny Hendricks after falling just minutes short of claiming the welterweight title, while Ellenberger was hoping to bounce back from a disappointing octagon appearance against Rory MacDonald.
If you missed the fight between Lawler and Ellenberger of Saturday night, you can watch the video highlights in the video below:
Below are the full UFC 173 results:
- TJ Dillashaw def. Renan Barao via TKO (strikes) — Round 5 (2:26)
- Daniel Cormier def. Dan Henderson via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 3 (3:53)
- Robbie Lawler def. Jake Ellenberger via TKO (strikes) — Round 3 (2:06)
- Takeya Mizugaki def. Francisco Rivera via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- James Krause def. Jamie Varner via TKO (doctor stoppage) — Round 1 (5:00)
- Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Tony Ferguson def. Katsunori Kikuno via TKO (punch) – Round 1, 4:06
- Chris Holdsworth def. Chico Camus via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mitch Clarke def. Al Iaquinta via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 0:57
- Vinc Pichel def. Anthony Njokuani via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Sam Sicilia def. Aaron Phillips via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Jingliang Li def. David Michaud via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)