The UFC is heading to Albuquerque, New Mexico next weekend for a stellar fight night card that is stacked with exciting matchups that may change the landscape of multiple divisions.
After this weekend’s marathon of UFC events, next weekend is back to the regular schedule of one fight card occurring during the evening hours.
In the main event of the evening, former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson takes on a stiff test in the 17-1 Dagestani suplex machine, Rustam Khabilov. A win for Henderson will likely earn him another shot at the UFC title, while a win for Khabilov will catapult him into the divisions top 5.
The card will feature a plethora of Jackson’s MMA fighters, because the elite level MMA training camp is stationed in Albuquerque. One such fighter is the always exciting Diego Sanchez. Although Diego has had enthralling bouts in the past, he desperately needs a win on Saturday night against Ross Pearson. Sanchez has lost two bouts in a row, and is in danger of becoming irrelevant in the lightweight division.
The card also features a flyweight bout between two former title contenders in John Moraga and John Dodson. The winner of that bout will be one step closer to another shot at the UFC title.
Main Card (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov
- Diego Sanchez vs. Ross Pearson
- John Dodson vs. John Moraga
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Jason High
- Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann
- Bryan Caraway vs. Erik Perez
- Sergio Pettis vs. Yaotzin Meza
- Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez
- Patrick Cummins vs. Roger Narvaez
- Lance Benoist vs. Bobby Voelker
- Jon Tuck vs. Jake Lindsey