An eleventh hour change has occurred ahead of next week’s UFC 174 show in Vancouver.
Milana Dudieva has been forced out of her UFC debut against Valerie Letourneau, and will be replaced by Elizabeth Phillips. UFC officials confirmed the news on Friday, but didn’t provide a reason that Dudieva was removed from the show.
Letourneau was actually a replacement herself, as she filled in against Dudieva for Germaine de Randamie.
The Letourneau/Phillips bout is currently planned to be included on the preliminary portion of UFC 174, airing on Fox Sports 1 at 8 pm. Both fighters look to make a good first impression, and hope to crack the top 15 rankings of the shallow UFC women bantamweight division. The current 15-ranked fighter is TUF finalist Jessica Rakoczy, has only one victory in five career fights.
The current UFC 174 card is as follows:
- Champion Demetrious Johnson vs. Ali Bagautinov – for UFC flyweight title
- Rory MacDonald vs. Tyron Woodley
- Ryan Bader vs. Rafael Cavalcante
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Brendan Schaub
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Ovince St. Preux
- Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Daniel Sarafian
- Valerie Letourneau vs. Elizabeth Phillips
- Mike Easton vs. Yves Jabouin
- Kajan Johnson vs. Tae Hyun Bang
- Roland Delorme vs. Michinori Tanaka
- Jason Saggo vs. Josh Shockley
UFC 174 takes place June 14 from the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia.