Tonight is the night that All-Star festivities kick off in grand style for the MLB All-Star Game as the storied Home Run Derby will take place under the lights of the gorgeous Target Field in downtown Minneapolis.
It’s a night where the long ball rules all and Target Field will be hosting it’s first ever Home Run Derby tonight with a list of participants ready to knock the ball out of the park. It’s actually pretty easy to do that in Target Field, as the open right field plaza should see plenty of action, as well as the short left field drive.
Here’s a look at the outfield dimensions for Target Field ahead of tonight’s Home Run Derby:
So where can you catch tonight’s Home Run Derby of you’re not able ot get to Minneapolis and get inside Target Field? Here is all of the information you will need to make sure you don’t miss a swing:
Date: Monday, July 14
Start Time: 8 p.m. ET
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Venue: Target Field
TV Info: ESPN
Live Stream: MLB.tv and Watch ESPN
American League Participants:
- Captain: Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays (17 HR)
- Josh Donaldson, Oakland Athletics (20 HR)
- Yoenis Cespedes, Oakland Athletics (14 HR)
- Adam Jones, Baltimore Orioles (16 HR)
- Brian Dozier, Minnesota Twins (16 HR)
National League Participants:
- Captain: Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado Rockies (21 HR)
- Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins (21 HR)
- Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers (12 HR)
- Todd Frazier, Cincinnati Reds (17 HR)
- Justin Morneau, Colorado Rockies (13 HR)
Be sure to stay glued to FanSided’s MLB Rumors page to stay up to date with the latest action and rumbling from the baseball hot stove this trade season.