This past season of the hit HBO series Game of Thrones was probably the best season yet and that has been reflected in the amount of Emmy nominations that the show has secured.
The season wrapped up back in June and fans are now sitting without any new material until the show comes back for a fifth season in spring of 2015. But before the fifth season hits the air, HBO will be releasing the box set of season four just in tome for fans to get all caught up ont he eye popping action.
According to a press release, HBO will be releasing the fourth season for Game of Thrones on Blu-ray and DVD on February 17, 2015.
Here’s a look at the special features we can expect to see on the season five Blu-ray release for Game of Thrones:
- In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Histories & Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Behind the Battle for the Wall – Follow the cast and crew as they create the most ambitious battle to date. This 30-minute documentary explores the challenges of putting together one of the series’ most intense episodes, with never-before-seen material.
- The Fallen: A Roundtable – Writer Bryan Cogman sits down with a few of the many cast members who meet their demise in Season 4. From first learning of their deaths to shooting their final scenes, this 30-minute feature will shed light on what it’s like to live-and die-in the Game of Thrones world.
- The Politics of Power: A Look Back at Season 3 – Revisit the brutal events of Season 3 to see power shifts that define Westeros at the start of Season 4.
- Bastards of Westeros – Hear showrunners David Benioff & D.B. Weiss and author George R.R. Martin discuss the role bastards play in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentaries – Commentaries with cast and crew including showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Aiden Gillen and more!
The Blu-ray set for the fourth season of Game of Thrones will be available for pre-order in the near future before it hits shelves on February 17, 2015.
[h/t: Winter Is Coming]