On the preliminary card of UFC Fight Night 45, TUF 18 standout Jessamyn Duke took on Invicta FC veteran Leslie Smith in a women’s bantamweight bout.
Smith was able to earn the win just over two minutes into the bout thanks to a vicious body shot.
“The Peacemaker” opened up a devastating flurry against the cage before the fight ending shot to Duke’s liver.
After the fight, Duke revealed that she suffered a broken hand during the fight.
“Pre-fight interview I said [Leslie Smith] had a brick head and could take a lot of punishment. Karma,” Duke wrote on social media.
You don’t need to be a doctor to see that Duke broke her hand in two different places. She will be on the sidelines recovering from the injury as she waits to see what the next step in her career will be.
And another look at the injury:
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the night for blow-by-blow coverage from UFC Fight Night 45.
Below are the UFC Fight Night 45 preliminary card results:
- Gleison Tibau def. Pat Healy via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Leslie Smith def. Jessamyn Duke via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:24
- Aljamain Sterling def. Hugo Viana via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:50
- Yosdenis Cedeno def. Jerrod Sanders via TKO (retirement) – Round 1, 5:00
- Claudia Gadelha def. Tina Lahdemaki via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)