Leading up to UFC Fight Night 45 on Wednesday night, main event participant Donald Cerrone had said he would like to face Khabib Nurmagomedov next.
Of course, Cerrone first needed to get by Jim Miller in the five-round main event bout, and he needed just two rounds to finish the job.
After using shots to the body brilliantly throughout the opening rounds, Cerrone went high as soon as Miller’s hands dropped and he scored the knockout win.
Immediately following the bout, Nurmagomedov went ahead and called Cerrone out on social media.
— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) July 17, 2014
Since Cerrone got away from tonight’s fight without any damage and Nurmagomedov is ready to fight, it would be a surprise if the UFC did not match the two men up against each other in the near future.
Below are the full results from UFC Fight Night 45 on Wednesday night:
click for play-by-play of each bout
- Donald Cerrone def. Jim Miller via KO (head kick) – Round 2, 3:31
- Edson Barboza def. Evan Dunham via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:06
- Rick Story def. Leonardo Mafra via submission (arm triangle) – Round 2, 2:12
- Joe Proctor def. Justin Salas via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 3:27
- John Lineker def. Alptekin Ozkilic via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 4:51
- Lucas Martins def. Alex White via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 2:08
- Gleison Tibau def. Pat Healy via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Leslie Smith def. Jessamyn Duke via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:24
- Aljamain Sterling def. Hugo Viana via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:50
- Yosdenis Cedeno def. Jerrod Sanders via TKO (retirement) – Round 1, 5:00
- Claudia Gadelha def. Tina Lahdemaki via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)