Jan 5, 2014; Cincinnati, OH, USA; San Diego Chargers running back Danny Woodhead (39) runs the ball during the third quarter against the Cincinnati Bengals during the AFC wild card playoff football game at Paul Brown Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Pat Lovell-USA TODAY Sports

Danny Woodhead, San Diego Chargers agree to two-year contract extension

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

The San Diego Chargers and running back Danny Woodhead have come to terms on a two-year contract extension that will carry him through the 2016 season, the team announced on Tuesday.

“Danny is an integral part of our offense,” said General Manager Tom Telesco.  “His work ethic and on-field production were key elements last year.  We look forward to having him be a part of the Chargers organization into the future.”

Woodhead joined the Chargers prior to last season after spending three pretty productive years as a member of the New England Patriots. And his first year in San Diego was an impressive one as he totaled 1,034 all-purpose yards with six touchdowns to go along with that.

There’s no doubt, as Telesco stated in the team’s press release, that Woodhead is an integral part of this offense and can help the team hopefully get over that playoff hump they just can’t seem to get over recently.

Woodhead is entering his sixth year in the NFL. He began his career with the New York Jets before moving on to his successful stint as a member of the Patriots. Constantly being told that he was undersized, Woodhead has continually proven that he’s one of the most efficient backs in the league.

And now he will be efficient in San Diego for the next three seasons.

 

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Tags: Danny Woodhead NFL San Diego Chargers

comments powered by Disqus