In a night full of finishes, Rafael dos Anjos scored perhaps the most surprising win of the night when he finished former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson with strikes in the main event of UFC Fight Night 49 at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Dos Anjos gave Henderson no room to breath as he kept the pressure on for the first two minutes of the fight, before landing a huge knee and left hook to put the former champion away.
With the win, dos Anjos gets one step closer to earning a title shot at 155-pounds.
For those who did not tune in for Henderson vs. dos Aanjos on Saturday night, you can check out the full fight video highlights in the video below:
If you missed out on Saturday night’s event, we have the full UFC Fight Night 49 results below:
(click for full play-by-play recap)
- Rafael dos Anjos def. Benson Henderson via KO (punch) – Round 1, 2:31
- Jordan Mein def. Mike Pyle via KO (punches) – Round 1, 1:12
- Thales Leites def. Francis Carmont via KO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:20
- Max Holloway def. Clay Collard via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:47
- James Vick def. Valmir Lazaro via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Chas Skelly def. Tom Niinimaki via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:35
- Neil Magny def. Alex Garcia via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Beneil Dariush def. Tony Martin via submission (arm-triangle) – Round 2, 3:38
- Matt Hobar def. Aaron Phillips via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ben Saunders def. Chris Heatherly via submission (omaplata) – Round 1, 2:18
- Wilson Reis def. Joby Sanchez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)