The first major patch for Pure Pool on PlayStation 4 and PC has been released, and it includes a number of major updates.
Included in the updates are a brand new game mode, a new difficulty setting for players and a new notification icon when a player gets challenged to a match.
Also improved with the patch are the game’s online servers, which have drawn the ire of many of the game’s players due to their unreliability. VooFoo Studios promised improvements to the servers almost immediately after Pure Pool was released, and it appears the studio has made good on the promise.
The full notes for Patch 1.01 can be found below.
• New game mode – UK Black-Ball (UK 8-Ball) added to the roster.
• New ‘Master’ difficulty with aim aids turned off.
• 9-Ball free table – If the player has 9-Ball as their default game type the 9-Ball rack will be set up in free-play mode rather than the current forced 8-Ball.
• General AI improvements including:
- Improved ball in hand placement
- Ability to get out of snookers reduced
- Amateur difficulty slightly toned down
- Removed long AI wait times when ball near to a cushion
• Opponent player card accessible mid-game – Allows the player to see their opponent’s player card at any time during a match.
• Opponent able to view player’s table cam – Allows the player to see through the camera of the opponent when walking around the table.
• Player online feed only for friends – Removed player online notifications. Only displays friends who come online.
• Diamonds on the table rails to help players when shooting doubles.
• Yellow aim line made more distinct to reduce confusion between the two lines.
• Potting the black from the break now re-racks the balls.
• Player is now asked if they want to play against a DNA opponent or wants to continue searching for another online player.
• DNA now displayed next to the user name to clearly mark it out as an AI player.
• Server optimization.
• Opponents cue movement made visible in real time in online matches.
• Bug fix for players games not timing out and the game being awarded to the absent player.
• Bug fix to stop the players changing their difficulty mid-challenge and posting their score/time on the incorrect leaderboard.
• Fix for not being able to select language type.
• Fix for inverted controls when ball-in-hand.
• Fix for sound only coming out of headphones.