Jarrod Dyson claimed Baltimore Orioles third baseman Ryan Flaherty “put the knee down” on him on a pickoff play during the Orioles Game Three loss to the Kansas City Royals in the ALCS, following comments made by Dyson that the Royals wouldn’t be returning to Baltimore in the series.
Prior to scoring the winning run in the Kansas City Royals’ 2-1 Game Three win against the Baltimore Orioles, Jarrod Dyson said Orioles third baseman Ryan Flaherty “put the knee down” on him during a pickoff attempt in the sixth inning, likely in retaliation for comments Dyson said following Game Two when he said he didn’t think the Royals would return to Baltimore.
More from Baltimore Orioles
- Shohei Ohtani trade rumors live tracker: Every update so far
- MLB Rumors: Potential Braves reunion, Lance Lynn no-trade clause and Orioles deadline intentions
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals budging on Arenado, Orioles-Ohtani package, Yankees backup plan
- MLB Rumors: Shohei Ohtani, Angels, Dodgers, Rich Hill
- NY Mets: 4 monstrous trade packages for Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer
Dyson helped the Royals back up his bold comments last night, as Kansas City took a commanding 3-0 lead in the best of seven series, but wasn’t angry over the play.
“If I’m not hurt, I’m good,” said Dyson, who was healthy. “It’s baseball, it’s all good. I’m not upset. We’re just trying to see them come back tomorrow to get rid of ’em.”
The Orioles clubhouse was closed by the time Dyson had said the pickoff play happened, so Flaherty has not commented on whether or not it was intentional. Dyson said he’s not interested in anything else controversial, just helping the Royals win the series.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26