The Missouri Mavericks are wearing Star Wars-themed jerseys Friday night
Earlier this month, the Reading Royals skated out wearing some of the most fantastically ugly Christmas sweaters the hockey world has ever seen, and the San Jose Sharks have some pretty wild holiday practice jerseys.
The Mavericks, though, aren’t going with a Christmas theme — they’re taking things in a decidedly nerdier direction.
The ECHL squad skated out Friday night against the Brampton Beast wearing these Star Wars-themed jerseys; after the game, the jerseys are auctioned off to raise money for the Community Services League in Independence, Missouri.
They encouraged fans to dress up in Star Wars themed outfits, which I don’t think you could pay me to do — but as for the jerseys, I’d probably drop an embarassing amount on one of those bad boys. I think the cross-over between hockey fans and Star Wars fans is probably one of the smallest fan factions in sports maybe ever known to man, but that completely does not even matter. These things are fantastic.
The Mavericks, formerly of the now-defunct Central Hockey League, are the ECHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues‘ AHL team, the Chicago Wolves. If the Blues would only wear these jerseys now… I might have a Central Division team to root for.
More from FanSided
- 3 potential opponents for Fedor Emelianenko’s return
- 3 reasons to watch UFC Vegas 30: Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov
- Where can I watch the Suns-Clippers game tonight? Suns vs. Clippers TV channel and live stream
- Look: Madden 22 avatar for Mac Jones looks absolutely nothing like him
- Watch: You absolutely have to see Tom Brady singing a Hamilton song with James Corden