The New York Jets came close to creating another classic moment.
More from Miami Dolphins
- NFL rumors: Division rival could steal Dalvin Cook from Dolphins
- 5 dream scenarios for Dolphins in 2023 season
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Tyreek Hill, desperate for motivation, fueled by Chiefs Super Bowl run
What’s next for the New York Jets? Well that is always a loaded and dangerous question to ask. Every Sunday, the New York Jets seem to provide new headaches for their fans, and new laughs for others.
In a wacky and wild game down at Sun Life Stadium on Sunday, moments are being created that Jets and Dolphins fans alike would probably like to forget. For fans of other teams, however, they are sure to enjoy this one.
In the always popular reverse halfback pass, the halfback passed to quarterback Geno Smith, who was split out wide as a receiver. What ensued was the pass bouncing off Smith’s foot and into the hands of the defender.
Many Jets fans probably wondered how it could get worse, and for the New York faithful, it appears it can always get worse.
The call was incomplete on the field, and after review the call was upheld. For Jets fans who still have nightmares of Mark Sanchez’s “Butt Fumble,” the foot interception almost turned nightmare into reality. This game isn’t over and keeps unveiling things that are unexpected. However with this being a New York Jets game, the unexpected should become the expected.
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return