The Academy Awards are tonight and the best of the best in Hollywood are being honored for their work in 2013 and it’s a night that everyone in film looks forward to. In all, over 20 awards are being handed out but there are a few major awards that folks at home look forward to every year.
Perhaps the most contested and competitive category this year is Best Actor, which featured a number of frontrunners and a lot of mystery.
There was Michael Keaton and Eddie Redmayne leading the pack with Benedict Cumberbatch and Steve Carrell not far behind. Plus, you can never, ever count out Bradley Cooper as he was nominated for the third straight year.
There could only be one winner though, and it was
Steve Carell – Foxcatcher as John Eleuthère du Pont
Bradley Cooper – American Sniper as Chris Kyle
Benedict Cumberbatch – The Imitation Game as Alan Turing
Michael Keaton – Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) as Riggan Thomson / Birdman
Eddie Redmayne – The Theory of Everything as Stephen Hawking — WINNER
It was a competitive year that will be debated for years to come, but it’s hard to be upset with the winner. All five actors are some of the finest actors in the business today, and while it was not an easy task to choose a winner, Eddie Redmayne is a very deserving victor.
More from FanSided
- Klay Thompson gives latest injury update from his boat because he can (Video)
- Steelers recruiting 5-time Pro Bowler to protect Ben Roethlisberger
- 3 moves the Celtics can make after trading for Al Horford
- Clippers vs Jazz NBA live stream reddit for NBA Playoffs Game 6
- Hawks vs 76ers NBA live stream reddit for NBA Playoffs Game 6