The Oakland Raiders and Terrance Knighton are nearing a deal that will bring the defensive tackle to a division rival.
The Oakland Raiders are not overspending to find free agents — which is a massive surprise to basically everyone who has watched the Raiders overspend for the last ten years. But just because they’re not overspending doesn’t mean they’re going to avoid free agents.
There are rumors that the Raiders are interested in Percy Harvin, should he be cut by the Jets, and there are also rumors that they could be in play for other big name free agents. But there’s a name that the Raiders are apparently targeting and f they land him it would be a reunion between former Denver Broncos.
More from Denver Broncos
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Future fires unmistakable NSFW shot at Russell Wilson in new song
- Russell Wilson gets key update on important weapon
- NFL Rumors: D-Hop’s top offers, Cowboys secret sauce, and Russ catches a break
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
According to Vic Tafur from the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders and former Broncos defensive lineman Terrance Knighton are nearing a deal to reunite him with Jack Del Rio in Oakland.
It was generally assumed that after Ndamukong Suh, Knighton was the next best defensive lineman on the open market. The Raiders were players for Suh but pretty much only in the capacity for them to drive up the price on Suh on the open market.
Oakland landing Knighton is huge for the Raiders as it gives them a Suh-like presence on their defensive front which is already starting to be impressive. Not only that, but he comes over with Jack Del Rio and can act as his guy on the defensive line to help break players into the new system being run.
It’s a big signing for the Raiders, and it’s the type of signing we’re used to seeing the team make right off the bat and not less than 24 hours before free agency opens.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle