The Oakland Raiders have added Dan Williams and Curtis Lofton to their defense.
The Oakland Raiders are making some moves this offseason. They have the money under the cap to bring in talented players and already have been shafted by the bigger names in the game. With the big names heading to other places, the Raiders have put their effort in signing some other talented pieces that can help them get this team moving in the right direction.
The Raiders have signed DT Dan Williams and LB Curtis Lofton on Wednesday morning.
More from Las Vegas Raiders
- Raiders: Saquon Barkley’s new contract may have screwed over Josh Jacobs
- Raiders sign coveted All-Pro ahead of training camp
- Raiders RB Josh Jacobs leaves Vegas in dramatic fashion amid contract dispute
- NFL Rumors: Insider predicts great news for Raiders on free agency front
- Austin Ekeler leading RB revolt with Zoom meeting of biggest names
Williams is a big man in the middle of the defense and will clog things up. He will take on blockers and allow his teammates to make the play in the running game. He has helped the Arizona Cardinals run defense rank in the top of the league during his tenure. The Cardinals had the best run defense in 2013 with help from Williams in the middle. He will be looking to improve the Raiders defense. The Raiders were interested in Terrance Knighton as well, but will no longer pursue him with the signing of Williams.
The Raiders have also added Curtis Lofton to the team and he will likely start in the middle of the defense. He finished with 144 tackles last season with the New Orleans Saints. He will get to the football and will have the help from Williams to clear a path for him. He has not missed a football game in his 8 seasons in the NFL. He will be joining Malcolm Smith in the middle of the defense.
The Raiders have made some nice improvements on the defense. Adding players like Williams and Lofton will help this defense stonewall the running game for teams. Khalil Mack and Sio Moore are going to love having Williams take up some blockers.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle