The South Bend Cubs are holding a promotion in 2015 for a “Marty McFly” jersey.
Cubs Nation has cautiously been holding out hope for years that 2015 would finally be the year. Some of that was inspired by Back to the Future II in which it essentially predicted the Chicago Cubs would win the World Series.
With that bit of history in mind, the South Bend Cubs are holding a “Back to the Future Night” on Tuesday, June 16 in which they will give away these jerseys to fans in attendance.
The South Bend Cubs are the Chicago Cubs’ class-A affiliate.
When this photo hit Twitter on Friday, many fans expressed excitement and appreciation, even those who are not Cubs fans.
They bring about two great American elements–a classic movie and minor league baseball/the Cubs.
With South Bend around 95 miles from Chicago, some Cubs fans may be tempted to make the trip for the shirt, and a chance to get this super fly Marty McFly shirt and see some future Cubs major leaguers.
Then again the big league Cubs have a night game at Wrigley Field against the Cleveland Indians that very evening.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle