New Indianapolis Colts running back Frank Gore said that star quarterback Andrew Luck “does everything” on the field and is a big reason that he signed with them.
Frank Gore was one of the more drama filled free agency signings this offseason. It appeared that he had committed to the Philadelphia Eagles to replace LeSean McCoy, but then chose to change his mind and sign with the Indianapolis Colts. There were reasons for his decision to switch to the Colts, with one of them being quarterback Andrew Luck.
More from Indianapolis Colts
- Colts get trolled for new black helmet, looking like Duke wannabes
- NFL’s running back revolt has begun after Saquon Barkley drama
- 3 running backs who will be the next Saquon Barkley with contract disputes
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Philip Rivers can soon play QB with a full offense of his kids
“When I knew I wasn’t going back to the 49ers, my first option was I wanted to be with a great quarterback,” Gore told Kevin Bowen of Colts.com. “I feel that you have to have a great quarterback to have a chance. Luck is a young quarterback and he does everything. He can throw. He can run. He’s physical. He’s a leader.”
He continued to talk about the Colts’ Super Bowl chances and his desire to win another championship before he retires.
“With that being your team, you’ve got a great chance to win. I don’t know how many years I’ve got left, two, three, but I want to have the opportunities to get back and chase that trophy I really want before I leave.”
Needless to say, the Colts are going to give Gore the chance to compete for another title that he has been looking for. Gore is still going to be a huge part of the Colts’ offense, but Luck is by far a better quarterback than what Gore has been working with in Colin Kaepernick. That is no knock of Kaepernick, but rather a testimony to how good Luck is.
There is no doubt that the Colts are one of the favorites to win the 2015 Super Bowl. After adding Gore, Andre Johnson, Trent Cole and Kendall Langford, they are a much better all-around team than they were last season. The New England Patriots lost both Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner, which is going to hurt their defense in a big way.
At this point in time, the AFC looks to be wide open with a few different teams being capable of pulling off a run to make the Super Bowl.
Jim Irsay and Ryan Grigson have put together the type of team that Colts’ fans should be proud of. Signing players like Gore is a pivotal type of move to building a championship contender. He will bring leadership in the locker room to go along with improving the ground game in a big way.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle