Keanu Reeves and Jim Carrey are slated to star in a love story of cannibalistic proportions.
There is plenty of buzz around director Ana Lily Amirpour. Coming off of her much buzzed about film A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night in 2014, the Iranian spaghetti western horror flick. You read that right. She made a great movie with all of those elements.
More from Entertainment
- 10 greatest fictional football players of all time
- Stephen A. Smith learned quickly not to mess with Rihanna
- Everything to know about Taylor Swift’s Thursday Night Football appearance
- House of the Dragon live stream: How to watch
- From boxing to cinema, Javon Walton stars in Samaritan with Stallone
If that wasn’t enough, the genre bending filmmaker has announced that her next movie, The Bad Batch, is to be “a post-apocalyptic cannibal love story set in a Texas wasteland” where you can see “muscled cannibal breaks the rule ‘don’t play with your food … It’s Road Warrior meets Pretty in Pink with a dope soundtrack,” she said awesomely.
Recently announced to join the cast will be some up-and-coming young actors you haven’t heard of like Jim Carrey and Keanu Reeves, according to Slash Film. Joining them will be Jason Mamoa of Game of Thrones fame as well as English model Suki Waterhouse and Mexican actor Diego Luna.
Carrey will be starring as a character named The Hermit whereas
Reeves will star as The Dream. Mysterious!
It’s going to be an interesting film to be sure, with the kind of genre bending you would really only expect to see out of Quentin Tarantino. Regardless, it goes to show that Amirpour is a filmmaker to keep an eye out for.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle