Notre Dame’s Zach Auguste with sick putback dunk vs. Kentucky (Video)
Notre Dame’s Zach Auguste crashed the glass and threw down a huge dunk in the first half of the Fighting Irish’s Elite Eight matchup with Kentucky.
Notre Dame did an outstanding job of battling the undefeated Kentucky Wildcats in the first half of their Elite Eight matchup, thanks in part to Zach Auguste.
The big man was a huge part of the Fighting Irish offense in the game’s first 20 minutes, scoring eight points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field.
One of Auguste’s made field goals was an incredible putback dunk that came after a Pat Connaughton miss with just over seven minutes left in the first half.
Take a look at Auguste’s awesome dunk below:
HIGHLIGHT: Now THAT’S how you clean the glass! http://t.co/DVEE6n8EE4
— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) March 29, 2015
Few thought the Fighting Irish could hang with Kentucky, but it’s hard to count them out when they’re making hustle plays like that. On top of that, Notre Dame was arguably the better team in the first half, as they shot 46.4 percent from the field and held Kentucky to just 37.0 percent shooting.
Stick with FanSided all night for coverage of this game and the rest of Saturday’s Elite Eight matchups.
More from FanSided
- Jimmy Butler ‘laughing’ at Heat deficit, but should they be more concerned?
- Heat vs. Nuggets prediction and odds for Game 2 of the NBA Finals
- MLB standings by run differential: Astros deserve more credit
- Steelers first-round pick already proving his teammates wrong
- Bills reach extension with defensive centerpiece, but Stefon Diggs drama looms