Notre Dame’s Zach Auguste crashed the glass and threw down a huge dunk in the first half of the Fighting Irish’s Elite Eight matchup with Kentucky.
The big man was a huge part of the Fighting Irish offense in the game’s first 20 minutes, scoring eight points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field.
One of Auguste’s made field goals was an incredible putback dunk that came after a Pat Connaughton miss with just over seven minutes left in the first half.
Take a look at Auguste’s awesome dunk below:
HIGHLIGHT: Now THAT’S how you clean the glass! http://t.co/DVEE6n8EE4
— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) March 29, 2015
Few thought the Fighting Irish could hang with Kentucky, but it’s hard to count them out when they’re making hustle plays like that. On top of that, Notre Dame was arguably the better team in the first half, as they shot 46.4 percent from the field and held Kentucky to just 37.0 percent shooting.
Stick with FanSided all night for coverage of this game and the rest of Saturday’s Elite Eight matchups.
More from FanSided
- Team USA roster: Who will take the last spot on 2021 Olympics men’s basketball roster?
- The Gin Blossoms absolutely wrecked a Nuggets fan after troll gone wrong
- Watch: Mad Max Scherzer lost his mind and patience over umpires searching for ‘sticky stuff’
- NBA Twitter campaigning for Carmelo Anthony to make 2021 Olympics USA basketball roster
- PFL 6: Kayla Harrison vs. Cindy Dandois preview and prediction