Notre Dame’s Zach Auguste crashed the glass and threw down a huge dunk in the first half of the Fighting Irish’s Elite Eight matchup with Kentucky.
The big man was a huge part of the Fighting Irish offense in the game’s first 20 minutes, scoring eight points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field.
One of Auguste’s made field goals was an incredible putback dunk that came after a Pat Connaughton miss with just over seven minutes left in the first half.
Take a look at Auguste’s awesome dunk below:
HIGHLIGHT: Now THAT’S how you clean the glass! http://t.co/DVEE6n8EE4
— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) March 29, 2015
Few thought the Fighting Irish could hang with Kentucky, but it’s hard to count them out when they’re making hustle plays like that. On top of that, Notre Dame was arguably the better team in the first half, as they shot 46.4 percent from the field and held Kentucky to just 37.0 percent shooting.
Stick with FanSided all night for coverage of this game and the rest of Saturday’s Elite Eight matchups.
More from FanSided
- This outside-the-box hire would be absolute fire for Alabama and Jalen Milroe
- Most likely Braves player to get into the Hall of Fame if Andruw Jones doesn’t
- Oklahoma State vs. Texas prediction and odds for Tuesday, January 24 (Value on total)
- NBA best bets today (Predictions for Zach LaVine, Julius Randle and Kawhi Leonard)
- Penn State vs. Rutgers prediction and odds for Tuesday, January 24