The Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao fight is going to be one of the biggest fights in history, but who broke first during the final staredown?
The fight of the century takes place on Saturday night in Las Vegas, as Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather will finally step into the ring and give the world the fight we’ve been waiting years to see. The hype and lead-up to the fight has been insane, and a lot of that came to a head during the staredown at the press conference on Wednesday afternoon.
Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao finished off their press conference with a staredown and it was Pacquiao who ended up breaking first — barely.
This has already been chalked up as an early victory for Floyd Mayweather, as he didn’t break first and has won the first round of the physiological warfare surrounding this bout.
Of course, this isn’t the final staredown, as we still have weigh-ins to deal with and that staredown should be the most intense we see. There’s also the fact that Pacquiao is a different person entirely when he gets into ‘fight mode’ and that’s the version of the fighter we’re going to see later in the week as the bout approaches.
May weather is a champion though, and if Pacquiao is in ‘fight mode’, so too will Mayweather and we are only starting the psychological warfare we will see the rest of this week.
More from Boxing
- After the fights: Jermall Charlo, Jermell Charlo, Josh Taylor and the state of boxing
- Jermell Charlo knocks Jeison Rosario out with scary body shot to gain two more titles
- Luis Nery defeats a game Aaron Alameda for WBC junior featherweight title
- Jermall Charlo declares that he’s the best middleweight in the world
- Jermall Charlo dominates Sergiy Derevyanchenko to earn UD victory