The Tampa Bay Buccaneers introduced a new Red movement on Thursday and the responses they got were kind of warranted
With the NFL season quickly approaching here, a lot of the franchises are starting to come up with new ides for the upcoming season. On Thursday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers decided to drop on everyone their new “Red” movement for women this season.
Needless to say, this might not have been the best idea their marketing and PR team has ever come up with.
You see, the Red movement is kinda insulting to women. Basically, it’s a movement that is not only looking to educate women on the game of football and give them a glimpse of what it’s like in the Buccaneers’ organization. Not too bad, right?
Well, then there was the part about how they’re going to help women with blending their team pride with what’s hip in the fashion world, as well as some tips for Pinterest. Because, you know, the female fan doesn’t really care how may touchdowns Jameis Winston throws this season, they’d rather pin something on the internet.
As you would expect, they took some flack for this…
Yeah, they might wanna rethink this whole initiative.
More from NFL
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Chargers loosen grip on checkbook to pay Justin Herbert: Best memes and tweets
- Patriots backup plan for DeAndre Hopkins is a shot in the dark
- Raiders: Saquon Barkley’s new contract may have screwed over Josh Jacobs