South Carolina’s Shon Carson torches North Carolina for 48-yard TD (Video)
The South Carolina Gamecocks might be finding their offense finally in the opener against North Carolina, thanks to Shon Carson
South Carolina is opening up their 2015 college football season on Thursday night against the North Carolina Tar Heels. For a pretty good while in this one, South Carolina was really struggling to get something going on the offensive side of the ball.
Well, in the second half of this one with their backs against the wall, the Gamecocks are starting to get some sparks and they got a big one from Shon Carson.
Down 13-10 in this one, Shon Carson took a hand-off in the fourth quarter and he then proceeded to torch the North Carolina defense to the tun of 48 yards and a touchdown.
That seems to be more of what Steve Spurrier was looking for out of his offense. In the past few seasons, we’ve learned that a lot of this South Carolina offense depends on the success of the running game. Time and time again, we saw the likes of Marcus Lattimore and Mike Davis really put this team on their backs. Carson did just that right there.
Now they just have to hold off any potential onslaughts from North Carolina and they might escape this one.
(h/t The Student Section)
More from College Football
- LSU football will combat Baton Rouge heat with wild uniform feature
- How long is a college football game?
- Nebraska fans have gone to some dark places after losing Dylan Raiola
- Ranking the projected starting quarterbacks in the SEC for 2023
- Senior Bowl director gasses up Dillon Gabriel after disappointing first year at Oklahoma