If you haven’t heard, The Tournament is a $2,000,000 winner-take-all single elimination basketball tournament played this summer that just about anyone can enter. Last year featured several former NBA players, including a team with Jason Williams and Mike Bibby. This year’s version is certain to include many more recognizable names and lots of teams vying to be included in the field of 64.
One of those recognizable names playing this year is John Jenkins, the 23rd selection of the Hawks in the 2012 Draft. After appearing in 61 games and playing 902 minutes as a rookie, Jenkins struggled to get on the court the following two seasons, before having his fourth-year rookie option declined by Atlanta. Joining the Mavericks as a free agent in 2015, Jenkins actually led Dallas in scoring in the preseason at 19.7 points per game but was a non-factor in their regular season rotation and was released. The Suns claimed Jenkins off waivers and he started the 2016-17 campaign in Phoenix, only to be released after appearing in only four games.
Now as a 26-year old veteran free agent, Jenkins has a summer of challenges and opportunities ahead. As he says on this new episode of Fastbreak Breakfast, he is “very hungry to get back where I belong” and is committed to do whatever he needs to do to achieve his goals. And in addition to hitting the gym in his quest for an NBA return, he’ll be playing in The Tournament, with a Vanderbilt alumni team, the Memorial Magic.
To help the MEMORIAL MAGIC ALUMS make the field of 64, click here and “become a fan.”
In his interview on Fastbreak Breakfast, Jenkins also reflects on his favorite memories at Vanderbilt, his experiences in the NBA and D-League, and his favorite breakfast spot when back in Nashville.
All Fastbreak Breakfast episodes are also available for download on
Original music provided by Codaphonic
Interact with Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast
- Support our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fastbreakbreakfast
- Follow us on twitter: @fastbreakbreak, @royira, @masterjonburr, @themightychuck
- “Seriously, How’s It Goink?” Buy our shirts! http://www.fastbreakbreakfastpodcast.com/merch
- Join the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fastbreakpodcast/
More from Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast
- Archive of all episodes: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fastbreakbreakfast
- Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fastbreak-breakfast-nba-podcast/id939020106?mt=2#
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/fastbreak-breakfast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud :https://soundcloud.com/fastbreakbreakfast
Thanks for listening, supporting, rating, downloading and commenting!