37 things fans can do to ensure Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson finally happens.
The fifth time is the charm. That’s the saying, right?
MMA fans were finally gifted with the confirmation that both UFC lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov, and former UFC interim champion, Tony Ferguson, have signed their bout agreements and the fight is officially on.
But we’ve been here before, four other times in fact, and now we are a little gun shy. Can you blame us?
So, on that note, here are 37 things MMA fans can do from now until April to ensure that this fight doesn’t fall through … again.
- Hold your breath (ok, don’t actually do that or you will die)
- Don’t cut your hair
- Don’t say “Nurmagomedov” three times in one day
- Give up all trolling
- Play it cool
- Don’t book airfare
- Don’t book a hotel
- Just don’t book anything non-refundable
- No one ask about the previous fights in any interviews
- Don’t shave your beard
- Don’tillegaly stream a fight – BAD KHARMA
- Ladies, don’t shave your legs (it’s pants season anyway)
- Give up chocolate
- Watch every single second of every single UFC fight until then
- Throw salt over your shoulder
- Knock on wood, every day.
- If you are a vegan … eat some damn meat
- If you are a meat-eater … go vegan
- Ship bubble wrap to Tony and Khabib
- Don’t break any mirrors
- Request Tony be carried to all media obligations, no walking allowed
- Avoid all black cats
- Pick up every heads-up penny you come across
- Get a rabbit’s foot … hell, get two.
- Cross your fingers … now. I said RIGHT NOW.
- Now don’t let them uncross
- Avoid all ladders and whatever you do, don’t walk under one.
- Don’t say injury
- Don’t even THINK injury
- Find a four-leaf clover
- Touch glass whenever you drive over any railroad tracks
- Watch every Ferguson fight on UFC Fight Pass
- Watch every Nurmagomedov fight on UFC Fight Pass
- Don’t tell the casuals how many times this fight has happened, let them think this is a new idea.
- NO ONE EAT TIRAMISU!
- Hide all dollys
- For God’s sake, someone keep your eye on Conor McGregor
UFC 248 takes place on Saturday, April 18, 2019, live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Follow along with FanSided for all your live results and highlights.