Before the start of the 2023 NCAA Tournament, conference champions need to be crowned. Here is when the Big East Championship Final takes place.
March, the month that every college basketball fan looks forward to. That is because they get to watch the near month-long, 68-team tournaments in men’s and women’s basketball. But first, all of college basketball needs to determine conference champions ahead of the NCAA Tournament.
Last year, the Villanova Wildcats defeated the Creighton Bluejays to win their fourth Big East title in the past five tournaments. By this weekend, there will be a winner of the Big East championship, and earn a berth in the NCAA Tournament.
As for when the Big East Championship Final begins, we have that answer for you.
When is the Big East Championship Final?
The Big East Championship Final officially takes place on Saturday, March 11 at 6:30 p.m. ET, live from Madison Square Garden in New York, NY.
The tournament will be held in it’s entirety inside the “World’s Most Famous Arena,” beginning on March 8. All 11 teams in the conference will be participating in the tournament. The top five teams will receive first-round byes, and they are Marquette (No. 1), Xavier (No. 2), Creighton (No. 3), UConn (No. 4), and Providence (No. 5). The remaining six teams will compete in the first round, and here are the matchups for March 8:
- No. 8 St. John’s vs. No. 9 Butler (3:00 p.m. ET)
- No. 7 Seton Hall vs. No. 10 Depaul (5:30 p.m. ET)
- No. 6 Villanova vs. No. 11 Georgetown (8:00 p.m. ET)
Here are the second-round matchups for Thursday, March 9:
- No. 1 Marquette vs. Winner of No. 8 St. John’s/No. 9 Butler (12:00 p.m. ET)
- No. 4 UConn vs. No. 5 Providence (2:30 p.m. ET)
- No. 2 Xavier vs. Winner of No. 7 Seton Hall/No. 10 Depaul
- No. 3 Creighton vs. Winner No. 6 Villanova/No. 11 Georgetown
The NCAA Tournament begins on March 14 and ends with the national championship game on Apr. 3.