The Big East conference sent five teams to the NCAA Tournament, but all but one were top six seeds.
Marquette, the regular season and conference tournament champions, pace the league as the No. 2 seed in the East Region while Xavier was the No. 3 in the Midwest Region. However, Connecticut and Creighton, No. 4 and No. 6 seeds respectively, were top 15 teams in the eyes of metric sites like KenPom and seen as better teams.
Lastly, Providence is the No. 11 seed in the East Region, the fifth and final Big East entrant to the 2023 NCAA Tournament.
Here’s the results for each Big East team through the first round:
Big East March Madness record
- No. 2 Marquette defeats No. 15 Vermont 78-61
- No. 3 Xavier defeats No. 14 Kennesaw State, 72-67
- No. 4 UConn defeats No. 13 Iona 87-63
- No. 6 Creighton defeats No. 11 North Carolina State 72-63
- No. 11 Providence loses No. 6 Kentucky 61-53
- No. 3 Xavier defeats No. 11 Pittsburgh 84-73
- No. 2 Marquette loses to No. 7 Michigan State 69-60
- No. 4 UConn defeats No. 5 Saint Mary’s 70-55
- No. 6 Creighton defeats No. 3 Baylor 85-76
Straight up: 7-2
Against the spread (ATS): 6-3
Updated Big East National Championship odds
- UConn: +900
- Creighton: +950
- Xavier: +4500
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.