In Saturday night’s Invicta Fighting Championship 4 main event, Carla “Cookie Monster” Esparza earned the right to be called the promotion’s first strawweight champion with her unanimous decision victory over challenger “Rowdy” Bec Hyatt. Hyatt stepped up in to the main event as a late replacement.
Esparza was able to dominate the fight with her wrestling skill.
Invicta FC 4 was originally set to air as an online pay-per view event, but technical difficulties changed the promotion’s plan and Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp made the decision to show the event for free.
Knapp also announced that Invicta will refund anyone who paid for the event. Talk about some quality damage control.
The night’s event provided the same non-stop action that we have come to expect from the female fighters of Invicta. It’s just a shame that streaming issues prevented the event from being seen from as many people as it should have.
Let’s hope that Invicta FC can secure a television before their next event so that the women can get the attention and recognition they deserve.
Here are the full Invicta FC 4 results:
- Carla Esparza def. Bec Hyatt via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) for Invicta FC strawwweight championship
- Alexis Davis def. Shayna Baszler via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 0:58
- Leslie Smith def. Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sarah D’Alelio def. Amanda Nunes via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Ediane Gomes def. Hiroko Yamanaka via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Joanne Calderwood def. Livia von Plettenberg via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Cassie Rodish def. Stephanie Frausto via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:04
- Tamikka Brents def. Amanda Bell via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jodie Esquibel def. Liz McCarthy via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Rose Namajunas def. Emily Kagan via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 3:44
- Tecia Torres def. Paige VanZant via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Veronica Rothenhausler def. Katalina Malungahu via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:12
- Laura Sanko def. Cassie Robb via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:07