For the first time in UFC history, the women will be headlining an event. UFC women’s champion Ronda Rousey will face off against challenger Liz Carmouche in the UFC 157 main event. Light-heavyweights Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson will participate in the co-main event to determine who will be the next challenger for the UFC 205-pound title.
The weigh-ins took place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. The venue will also hold tomorrow’s event.
Na’Shon Burrell missed weight for the night’s opening bout, but Yuri Villefort has agreed to take the fight at a catchweight. All of the other fighters made weight.
Here are the official weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Ronda Rousey (134.6) vs. Liz Carmouche (133.6) – for women’s bantamweight title
- Lyoto Machida (202) vs. Dan Henderson (205)
- Urijah Faber (136) vs. Ivan Menjivar (135.6)
- Court McGee (170) vs. Josh Neer (171)
- Josh Koscheck (171) vs. Robbie Lawler (171)
- Brendan Schaub (243) vs. Lavar Johnson (255)
- Mike Chiesa (156.2) vs. Anton Kuivanen (156)
- Dennis Bermudez (145) vs. Matt Grice (145)
- Sam Stout (155) vs. Caros Fodor (155)
- Kenny Robertson (170) vs. Brock Jardine (170)
- Jon Manley (171) vs. Neil Magny (171)
- Nah-Shon Burrell (175.8)* vs. Yuri Villefort (170)
Will you be tuning in to the historic night of mixed martial arts action? Let us know in the comments section and be sure to give us your main event prediction.