Two more injuries have struck the UFC 163 main card. According to a report from Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting, Clint Hester and Phil Harris have been pulled from their respective bouts against Cezar Ferreira and John Linekar.
Hester was forced out of his scheduled bout with torn cartilage in his ribs, while Harris suffered a fractured orbital bone.
Despite the injuries coming just a few weeks away from the pay-per view, the UFC officials were able to find two replacements.
Ferreira will now be facing off against Thaigo Santos, while Linekar gets a match against Jose Maria Tome. Both Santos and Tome will be making their UFC debuts.
UFC 163 is scheduled for August 3 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The event is headlined by a featherweight title match between Jose Aldo and “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung.
Here is the updated UFC 163 fight card:
- Jose Aldo vs. Chan Sung Jung - for featherweight title
- Phil Davis vs. Lyoto Machida
- Cezar Ferreira vs. Thiago Santos
- Thales Leites vs. Tom Watson
- John Lineker vs. Jose Maria Tome
- Vinny Magalhaes vs. Anthony Perosh
- Sheila Gaff vs. Amanda Nunes
- Neil Magny vs. Sergio Moraes
- Ian McCall vs. Iliarde Santos
- Josh Clopton vs. Rani Yahya
- Francimar Barroso vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
- Viscardi Andrade vs. Bristol Marunde
Tags: UFC 163