The next big UFC pay-per-view is coming up next Saturday night in Houston, Texas. UFC 166 is headlined by the rubber match between Heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and former champ, Junior Dos Santos.
JDS and Cain first met back in 2011 at the very first UFC on FOX show. Unfortunately for the UFC, they had about an hour of pre-fight hype leading up to only 64 seconds of action. JDS landed his patented overhand right that put the champion, Cain Velasquez, on the mat. After a few follow up shots finished the job, JDS was the newly minted Heavyweight champion.
After a successful defense of his title against Frank Mir, and a win over Antonio Silva for Cain, the duo met for the second time at UFC 155. Cain vowed to push the pace, and never allow Junior to get off his shots. Cain kept his word and utterly dominated the champion for 5 rounds en route to a unanimous decision.
The two will meet in their highly anticipated trilogy fight next Saturday night at UFC 166. With that, let’s look at the rest of the card that night:
- Cain Velasquez (c) vs Junior dos Santos for the Heavyweight championship
- Daniel Cormier vs Roy Nelson
- Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs Shawn Jordan
- John Dodson vs Darrell Montague
- Tim Boetsch vs CB Dollaway
- Nate Marquardt vs Hector Lombard
- Sarah Kaufman vs Jessica Eye
- George Sotiropoulos vs KJ Noons
- TJ Waldburger vs Adlan Amagov
- Mike Rio vs Tony Ferguson
- Dustin Pague vs Kyoji Horiguchi