This weekend, the UFC will close out 2013 with arguably the biggest rematch in the history of the promotion. UFC 168 will feature the rematch between the long time Middleweight champion, Anderson Silva, and the man who dethroned him early this year, Chris Weidman.
In July, at UFC 162, the greatest fighter to ever step foot inside the Octagon stared across the cage at the rising 9-0 prospect, Chris Weidman. For the first time in a while, a true challenger rose up through the ranks to fight the reigning Middleweight champion. A little over 7 minutes later, the MMA world was in shock and awe as Anderson Silva was knocked out cold. Chris Weidman had dethroned the greatest champion in the history of the sport.
Take a trip back that fateful July night with the UFC’s Fight Flashback. The video above brings you behind the scenes of UFC 162, in a way that you have never seen before. This may very well be the UFC’s best production to this date. The video features never before seen video of the UFC 162 main event between Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva.
Remember to check back on Fansided throughout the week for full UFC 168 coverage.
- Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne: The GIF’s
- Dana White UFC 168 Vlog
- What’s after the Weidman/Silva Rematch?
- UFC keeping $59.95 price tag?
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- Chris Weidman on ‘Highly Questionable’
- Anderson Silva on ‘Highly Questionable’
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach