UFC 168 is just days away, and the UFC has released there countdown preview show. In this first segment, get behind the scenes access to the lives and training of Heavyweights, Josh Barnett and Travis Browne. The two men will fight on Saturday night in what could very well determine the #1 contender to Cain Velasquez’s title.
Barnett (33-6, 5-1 UFC), the former UFC Heavyweight champion, is coming off a successful return to the Octagon against Frank Mir back at UFC 164. In a fight that pegged two of the greatest Heavyweight grapplers in MMA history, Barnett KO’ed Mir before the fight even hit the mat. Barnett has won 10 of his last 11 fights going into Saturday night.
Browne (15-1-1, 6-1-1 UFC) is one of the last few prospects the Heavyweight division has. In his last fight, Browne showed incredible heart and resiliency by surviving an early onslaught from Alistair Overeem, before coming back and KO’ing him with a jaw dropping front kick. Browne’s only loss of his career came against former title challenger, Antonio Silva, in a fight where Browne tore his hamstring.
If you are interested in a breakdown of this fight, check out the GIF breakdown I wrote up earlier in the week.
- Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne: The GIF’s
- Joe Rogan says he would have signed Askren
- Dana White UFC 168 Vlog
- What’s after the Weidman/Silva Rematch?
- 5 reasons to watch UFC 168 other than the Weidman/Silva
- UFC 168: Pros pick Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman
- Anderson Silva says Weidman fight is for his ‘legacy’
- Weidman ready to prove doubters wrong
- Anderson Silva declines Sonnen’s invite to be TUF Brazil coach