Russian prospect, Adam Khaliev, is injured and has been forced out of his UFC on FOX 10 debut against Pascal Krauss. Khaliev, who is 6-0 with four finishes, is supposedly nursing an elbow injury he sustained in training. Russian media outlet, mmaboxing.ru, broke the news earlier today (Translation courtesy of Google):
Adam Khaliev was injured in training and will not be able to oppose Pascal Krauss. With regard to the injury, Adam sparred with full force and got kicked in the elbow by his sparring partner.
Khaliev informed his team that he still wished to fight at the UFC on FOX 10 show, but he has been officially ruled out. Khaliev’s injury will likely sideline him for 2-3 months, so it is not catastrophic by any means.
Khaliev, who has never fought outside of Russia, was hoping to impress UFC fans with a strong debut against Krauss. There has been no word from the UFC regarding a replacement opponent for Krauss. With the show just two weeks away, we will find out if the UFC plans to scratch the bout altogether, or if an opponent will step in on short notice.
Here is the entire UFC on FOX 10 card:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 PM ET)
- Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Stipe Miocic
- Donald Cerrone vs. Adriano Martins
- Darren Elkins vs. Jeremy Stephens
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 PM ET)
- Alex Caceres vs. Sergio Pettis
- TBA vs. Pascal Krauss
- Yves Jabouin vs. Eddie Wineland
- Chico Camus vs. Yaotzin Meza
- Ramiro Hernandez vs. Hugo Viana
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 4 PM ET)
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Mike Rio
- Walt Harris vs. Nikita Krylov