Today, all of the bouts on the UFC on FOX 10 card will be made official when the fighters hit the scales. Tomorrow’s event, which is being held in Chicago for the third straight year, will be the UFC’s first FOX show of 2014. In the main event of the evening, former champions will battle in a pivotal Lightweight matchup. Former UFC Lightweight champion, Benson Henderson, will take on the former StrikeForce Lightweight champion, Josh Thomson.
Henderson is returning to the Octagon for the first time since losing his belt to Anthony Pettis back at UFC 164. Thomson is coming off a successful return to the Octagon in which he TKO’ed Nate Diaz in impressive fashion. Both men are looking to stay at the top of the heap in the Lightweight division as the champion is healing on the sidelines.
The co-main event features a Heavyweight bout between longtime UFC veteran, Gabriel Gonzaga, and rising prospect Stipe Miocic. Gonzaga has won two straight by KO and is looking to get his first title shot since 2007. Miocic is coming off the most impressive performance of his career back at UFC 161. Miocic dominated the heavy handed Roy Nelson with crisp boxing and footwork on his way to a unanimous decision. With the Heavyweight division being the thinnest it’s been in a while, every fight is critical.
Here are the full weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 PM ET)
- Benson Henderson (156) vs. Josh Thomson (155)
- Gabriel Gonzaga (258) vs. Stipe Miocic (245)
- Donald Cerrone (155) vs. Adriano Martins (155)
- Darren Elkins (145) vs. Jeremy Stephens (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 PM ET)
- Alex Caceres (135) vs. Sergio Pettis (135)
- Yves Jabouin (135) vs. Eddie Wineland (135)
- Chico Camus (135) vs. Yaotzin Meza (135)
- Ramiro Hernandez (136) vs. Hugo Viana (136)
- Daron Cruickshank (155) vs. Mike Rio (155)
- George Sullivan (170) vs Mike Rhodes (171)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 4 PM ET)
- Walt Harris (241) vs. Nikita Krylov (218)