UFC 169 may feature two title bouts, but there are plenty more matchups worth watching as well. Heavyweights, Frank Mir and Alistair Overeem, will battle in a ‘loser leaves the UFC’ bout. Dana White has basically said that whoever loses this fight will be cut from the organization. Mir, the former UFC Heavyweight champion, has lost three in a row to elite competition. Alistair Overeem had been violently KO’ed in his last two bouts after he seemingly was on his way to victory in both.
Today, we reminisce back to UFC 107. Frank Mir was coming off his TKO loss to Brock Lesnar back at UFC 100, and was looking for a big rebound victory over Cheick Kongo. After a huge right hand floored Kongo, Mir sunk in the guillotine choke for the finish. The fight lasted only 1:12, proving that Frank Mir still had a lot left in the tank.
- Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas: The GIF’s
- UFC 169: Jose Aldo’s roots
- UFC 169: Frank Mir given therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy
- UFC 169 Countdown: Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169: Post fight bonus predictions
- UFC 169: Dana White video blog
- Dana White talks UFC 169 on Fox Sports Live
- UFC 169: The BJ Penn connection