Tomorrow night, at UFC 169, Urijah Faber will fight in the main event of the evening for the UFC Bantamweight championship against Renan Barao. This will be the 18th title fight in Faber’s historic career and the third inside the Octagon. Faber has never lost a non-title bout in his career, and today we reminisce back to UFC 139, where Urijah Faber defeated former WEC Bantamweight champion, Brian Bowles.
Faber had just come off a razor close decision loss to Dominick Cruz in the UFC Bantamweight title fight back at UFC 132. Faber needed a win against Bowles to prove that he was still the top contender in Bantamweight division. Faber dominated Bowles en route to a guillotine choke victory in the second round. Watch the entire fight in the video above.
- Jon Jones Fight Club Q & A Live Stream
- UFC 169 weigh ins live stream
- Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas: The GIF’s
- Why the UFC wants a Urijah Faber victory at UFC 169
- UFC 169: Ricardo Lamas breaks down his fight with Jose Aldo
- UFC 169: Urijah Faber predicts third round KO of Barao
- UFC 169: Watch Frank Mir submit Cheick Kongo
- UFC 169: Jose Aldo’s roots
- UFC 169: Frank Mir given therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy
- UFC 169 Countdown: Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169: Post fight bonus predictions
- UFC 169: Dana White video blog