Today all the fighters on the UFC 169 card made their bouts official at the weigh-ins. UFC 169 features title bouts in the Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions respectively. In the co-main event, Longtime UFC Featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, will take on surging contender, Ricardo Lamas. In the main event of the evening, Urijah Faber steps in on short notice to rematch Renan Barao for the undisputed Bantamweight title.
Also featured on the main card is a Heavyweight tilt between Frank Mir and Alistair Overeem. Both men are in bad slumps and need a great performance to keep their job. Dana White has made it clear that if either man does not put on a great fight, they are more than likely getting cut.
UFC Flyweight, John Lineker, missed weight once again. He weighed in at 127 pounds and will have one hour to cut the remaining pound. This is the 4th time Lineker has missed weight in 6 Flyweight fights. That is simply unacceptable and unprofessional.
Here are the full UFC 169 weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (10 PM/7 PM ET/PT)
- Renan Barao (135) vs. Urijah Faber (134.5) – UFC Bantamweight Championship
- Jose Aldo (145) vs. Ricardo Lamas (144.5)- UFC Featherweight Championship
- Frank Mir (256.5) vs. Alistair Overeem (257)
- Ali Bagautinov (126) vs. John Lineker (127)
- Abel Trujillo (155.5) vs. Jamie Varner (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (8 PM/5 PM ET/PT)
- John Makdessi (155) vs. Alan Patrick (155.5)
- Chris Cariaso (125) vs. Danny Martinez (125.5)
- Nick Catone (185.5) vs. Tom Watson (185.5)
- Al Iaquinta (155) vs. Kevin Lee (155.5)
UFC FIGHT PASS PRELIMS (6:30 PM/3:30 PM ET/PT)
- Clint Hester (185.5) vs. Andy Enz (184.5)
- Tony Martin (155.5) vs. Rashid Magomedov (155)
- Neil Magny (170.25) vs. Gasan Umalatov (170)