UFC Fight Night 36 went down this past weekend with the main event battle between Lyoto Machida and Gegard Mousasi. After a tough 5 round battle, the judges gave Machida the unanimous decision victory as he inched closer to a UFC Middleweight title shot.
According to multiple sources, UFC Fight Night 36 drew an average of 1.4 million viewers. This is is the second highest rating for a Fight Night on Fox Sports 1 overall. The highest rating still belongs to UFC Fight Night 26, which aired on the first day of the network.
With the show being later than most pay per views on the east coast, these are some very promising numbers. Couple that with the fact that the prelims were absolutely dreadful, and the UFC somehow pulled off it’s second most watched Fight Night on Fox Sports 1.
- UFC Fight Night 36 GIF’s, Highlights, and Results
- Should the UFC consider finish bonuses?
- UFC Fight Night 36 second event in a row with 10 decisions
- Will Lyoto Machida get the UFC title shot?
- UFC Fight Night 36 results: Lyoto Machida gets UD victory over Gegard Mousasi
- UFC Fight Night 36 results: Jacare Souza defeats Francis Carmont by UD
- UFC Fight Night 36 results: Erick Silva KO’s Takenori Sato in the first round
- UFC Fight Night 36 results: Nico Musoke defeats Viscardi Andrade by UD
- UFC Fight Night 36 results: Charles Oliveira submits Andy Ogle in the third