On Saturday night, the UFC traveled to New Zealand for the first time in history for UFC Fight Night 43. In the main event, James Te Huna took on Nate Marquardt in a middleweight bout and we were treated to a walkout unlike anything we have ever seen in the UFC.
Te Huna received special treatment as the local favorite and he delivered with his entrance.
As the lights dimmed, Maori warriors made their way out of the tunnel and treated the crowd to a performance of the warrior haka.
The crowd was electrified from the performance and it was a special moment that really added to the production of the show.
Unfortunately for Te Huna, he was submitted in the first round, but the walkout was something the fans will remember.
Check out the walkout below:
If you missed Saturday morning’s event on UFC Fight Pass, you can check out the full results from UFC Fight Night 43 below:
- Nate Marquardt def. James Te Huna via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:34
- Jared Rosholt def. Soa Palelei via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Charles Oliveira def. Hatsu Hioki via submission (modified guillotine) - Round 2, 4:32
- Robert Whittaker def. Mike Rhodes via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jake Matthews def. Dashon Johnson via submission (triangle choke) – Round 3, 3:16
- Richie Vaculik def. Roaldan Sangcha-an via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vik Grujic def. Chris Indich via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:55
- Neil Magny def. Rodrigo Goiana de Lima via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:32
- Daniel Hooker def. Ian Entwistle via TKO (elbows) – Round 1, 3:34
- Gian Villante def. Sean O’Connell via split-decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the remainder of the day for blow-by-blow coverage of the UFC’s double-header. The second event will take place on FOX Sports 1 with UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio.