Alistair Overeem has decided to call out as many fighters as he can to set up his next fight after his bout against “Big” Ben Rothwell at UFC Fight Night 50 on September 5th.
Earlier this week, Overeem spoke with FanSided and told us that he wants to knockout Ben Rothwell in the first round before calling out former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.
Today Overeem has called out yet another former heavyweight champion, but this fighter no longer competes in MMA. In fact, Overeem sent the aforementioned fighter into retirement when they met at UFC 141, and Overeem finished his opponent in just under three minutes via TKO.
The fighter is question is of course none other than Brock Lesnar. With rumors once again making the rounds in the MMA community that Lesnar could potentially return to the UFC, Overeem decided to call out Brock on Instagram earlier today.
Here is the caption from Overeem:
Been hearing for a while that this guy wants to make his return and – Wants to fight me! I’m a fan of Brock, always thinks he brings something special into the cage! Bring it on! But first Ben Rothwell sept 5!
About every three or four months rumors begin to circulate that Lesnar will return to the Octagon, and to this point none have come to fruition. Until Lesnar himself comes out and says he wants to return, there is simply no weight to the claims that he may end his MMA retirement. For now, a rematch with Overeem is nothing but a shot in the dark.