The FanSided Network is the fastest-growing independent sports network on the net. Our network is not only a prime destination for some of the web’s best fan-driven sports content but we also feature some unique opportunities for those looking to get their start in the online sports media industry.
FanSided editors are given full editorial control of their very own team sites. They’re eligible for our competitive revenue sharing program and a myriad of other perks. Whether you are looking to make a little extra money covering your favorite teams or you want a career in sports, FanSided is where you want to be.
Below is a list of our current editor openings. If you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting, young companies in the industry, get your application in now!
We aren’t just looking for benchwarmers. FanSided editors need to be franchise players. Building the best damn sports blog on the net isn’t for the faint of heart. It takes guts, determination and most of all, passion.
Do you have what it takes? Apply Now!
Entertainment & Lifestyle
Sports have always been the backbone of the FanSided Network, but we continue to expand into the areas of entertainment and lifestyle. Such expansion has opened up a new world of potential opportunities for writers to establish a voice and find a following here with FanSided. Initially these Staff Writer positions will be unpaid roles, but there will be additional paid opportunities as these sites continue to grow.
Our entertainment sites include:
- GeekSided (editor role available)
- Hidden Remote
- Rhyme Junkie (editor role available)
- Lightly Buzzed
- 1428 Elm
- Bam, Smack, Pow
- Everything on Tap
- TripSided (editor role available)
- Caped Crusades
- Whatever A Spider Can
- Dork Side of the Force (editor role available)
In addition to having Staff Writer vacancies at each of these sites, we are also looking for News Desk writers for our television site, Hidden Remote. News Desk writers will need to have a wide range of interests and the ability to produce largely error free copy at a quick pace. These positions will typically involve a four-hour shift at a predetermined time throughout the week to cover breaking news and the like.
If you are looking for a way to get started in online sports media, then working for the FanSided.com news desk is an excellent opportunity. We’re looking for smart writers with wide-ranging sports interests to help us keep on top of all major stories coming out of the sports world. News Desk writers must be able to work at a fast pace and should be able to produce error-free articles on the fly, on most any topic, without much editorial oversight. News Desk writers will work in shifts, typically working at least three four-hour shifts each week.
Collegiate sports are the home to some of the loudest and most passionate fans across the sporting world. Have a passion for your alma mater’s athletic program? How about just an affinity for a certain school’s teams even if you didn’t go there? There are numerous opportunities to run a site here within FSNCAA and reach other fans as opinionated as you:
- Saturday Blitz – All college football. (co-editor)
- Pokes Post – Oklahoma State Cowboys
- The Husky Haul – Washington Huskies
- Razorbackers – Arkansas Razorbacks
- Truman’s Tales – Missouri Tigers
- Zona Zealots – Arizona Wildcats
- Scarlet & Game – Ohio State Buckeyes (co-editor)
- Up to the Minutemen – Univ. of Massachusetts Minutemen
- Beaver Byte – Oregon State Beavers
- Boiling with Bias – Purdue Boilermakers
- Glory Colorado – Colorado Buffaloes
- Spartan Avenue – Michigan State Spartans
- Hoosier State of Mind – Indiana Hoosiers
- Storm the Paint – St. John’s Red Storm
- Green, Gold and Bold – USF Bulls
- Hail Florida Hail – Florida Gators (co-editor)
- Jug of Snyder – Kansas State Wildcats
- Musketeer Xtra – Xavier Musketeers
- Bark of Hinkle – Butler Bulldogs
- Golden Bear Lair – California Golden Bears
- Death Valley Voice – LSU Tigers
- Pick Axe Digest – Charlotte 49ers
- Plus a host of schools we’ve yet to develop sites for within the NCAA’s major conferences.
Can’t get enough baseball? Looking for a chance to start covering the game? There are opportunities across all 33 of our MLB sites for those interested in sharing their passion for the game or merely continue writing about it as a hobby. Additional opportunities are available for those looking to help run their own MLB site under the FanSided umbrella:
- Birds Watcher – Baltimore Orioles (co-editor)
- Reviewing the Brew – Milwaukee Brewers (co-editor)
- Rox Pile – Colorado Rockies (co-editor)
- There are also staff writer opportunities with Call to the Pen (general MLB), Grading on the Curve (minor leagues), and Fantasy Baseball Cracker Jacks (fantasy baseball).
- Blogging Dirty – Atlanta Falcons
- Ebony Bird – Baltimore Ravens
- Cat Crave – Carolina Panthers
- Black and Teal – Jacksonville Jaguars (co-editor)
- Eyes on Isles – New York Islanders
- Howlin Hockey – Phoenix Coyotes
- Stars and Sticks – Washington Capitals
- The Canuck Way – Vancouver Canucks
- Blackout Dallas – Dallas Stars
- Too Many Men on the Site – General NHL (staff writers wanted)
Our Local sites offer a different type of challenge, as they don’t simply cover one team in one sport year round. Our Local sites offer the chance to get fully encompassed in your city’s sports scene – covering everything from the professionals to the amateurs and all that falls inbetween. Current editor openings include:
- Old North Banter – North Carolina
- Mile High Maniac – Denver (co-editor)
- LA Sports Hub – Los Angeles (co-editor)
- Big Easy Believer – New Orleans
- The Baltimore Wire – Baltimore (co-editor)
- Ink on Indy – Indianapolis (co-editor)
- Arch Authority – St. Louis (co-editor)
- American Pitch – US Men’s National Team
- Red Devil Armada – Manchester United
- Rush the Kop – Liverpool
- View From Avalon – LA Galaxy
- There are also opportunities to expand into both the EPL and MLS.
Other FanSided Openings
- The Living Daylights – Boxing (editor role available)
- Pro Golf Now
- Spiked Up, Psyched Up – Track & Field (editor role available)