The FanSided Network is the fastest-growing independent sports network on the net. Our network is not only a prime destination for some of the web’s best fan-driven sports content but we also feature some unique opportunities for those looking to get their start in the online sports media industry.
FanSided editors are given full editorial control of their very own team sites. They’re eligible for our competitive revenue sharing program and a myriad of other perks. Whether you are looking to make a little extra money covering your favorite teams or you want a career in sports, FanSided is where you want to be.
Below is a list of our current editor openings. If you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting, young companies in the industry, get your application in now!
We aren’t just looking for benchwarmers. FanSided editors need to be franchise players. Building the best damn sports blog on the net isn’t for the faint of heart. It takes guts, determination and most of all, passion.
Do you have what it takes? Apply Now!
Sports have always been the backbone of the FanSided Network, but we continue to expand into the area of entertainment. Such expansion has opened up a new world of potential opportunities for writers to establish a voice and find a following here with FanSided.
Initially these Staff Writer positions will be unpaid roles, but there will be additional paid opportunities as these sites continue to grow. Our entertainment sites include:
- FlickSided.com (Hollywood, movies, and more.)
- GameSided.com (The world of video games.)
- Hidden Remote (Television – both old and new.)
- Rhyme Junkie (Rap/hip-hop music & culture.)
- Lightly Buzzed (Viral/pop culture)
- 1428 Elm (Horror Movies & TV)
- Everything on Tap (Craft Beer)
This site is dedicated to all thinks spooky. From upcoming horror movies to television shows like The Walking Dead, this will be a site by fans of the genera for fans of the genera. We are seeking an editor. This is a revenue share position.
If you are looking for a way to get started in online sports media, then working for the FanSided.com news desk is an excellent opportunity. We’re looking for smart writers with wide-ranging sports interests to help us keep on top of all major stories coming out of the sports world. News Desk editors must be able to work at a fast pace and should be able to produce error-free articles on the fly, on most any topic, without much editorial oversight. News Desk editors will work in shifts, typically working at least three four-hour shifts each week.
We are also in search of columnists for FanSided.com. These positions will require completing a minimum of two assignments per week, with the possibility of more as need dictates.
Those of you that apply, please ensure that you list “FanSided.com News Desk” or “FanSided.com Columnist” in the field that asks what site you are interested in writing for. Those that do well with each position will be considered for paid roles in the future.
- Editor, The Smoking Cuban - Dallas Mavericks
- Editor, Life on Dumars - Detroit Pistons
- Editor, Pelican Debrief – New Orleans Pelicans
- Editor, Nugg Love – Denver Nuggets
- Co-editor, Beale Street Bears – Memphis Grizzlies
- Co-editor, Sun ‘n Gun - Phoenix Suns
Collegiate sports are the home to some of the loudest and most passionate fans across the sporting world. Have a passion for your alma mater’s athletic program? How about just an affinity for a certain school’s teams even if you didn’t go there? There are numerous opportunities to run a site here within FSNCAA and reach other fans as opinionated as you:
- Editor, Scarlet and Game – Ohio State Buckeyes
- Editor, Through the Phog – Kansas Jayhawks
- Editor, Fly War Eagle – Auburn Tigers
- Editor, UConn Do It – Connecticutt Huskies
- Editor, Truman’s Tales – Missouri Tigers
- Editor, Beaver Byte – Oregon State Beavers
- Editor, Boiling with Bias – Purdue Boilermakers
- Editor, Razorbackers – Arkansas Razorbacks
- Editor, Musketeer Xtra – Xavier Musketeers
- Editor, Green Gold and Bold – South Florida Bulls
- Editor, Pokes Post – Oklahoma State
- Editor, Hook’em Headlines – Texas Longhorns
- Editor, Jug of Snyder – Kansas State
- Editor, Up to the Minutemen – UMass Amherst
- Editor, Garnet & Cocky – South Carolina Gamecocks
- Editor, Spartan Avenue – Michigan State Spartans
- Editor, Ole Hotty Toddy – Mississippi
- Co-editor, Hail Florida Hail – Florida
- Co-editor, GBM Wolverine – Michigan Wolverines
- Plus a host of schools we’ve yet to develop sites for within the NCAA’s major conferences.
Can’t get enough baseball? Looking for a chance to start covering the game? There are opportunities across all 32 of our MLB sites for those interested in sharing their passion for the game or merely continue writing about it as a hobby. Additional opportunities are available for those looking to help run their own MLB site under the FanSided umbrella:
- Editor, Blog Red Machine - Cincinnati Reds
- Co-editor, Rays Colored Glasses – Tampa Bay Rays
- Co-editor, Birds Watcher – Baltimore Orioles
- Co-editor, Southside Showdown – Chicago White Sox
- Co-editor, Reviewing the Brew – Milwaukee Brewers
- Editor, Ebony Bird – Baltimore Ravens
- Editor, Blogging Dirty – Atlanta Falcons
- Co-editor, Buffalowdown – Buffalo Bills
- Co-editor, Cat Crave – Carolina Panthers
- Co-editor, Raising Zona – Arizona Cardinals
Our Local sites offer a different type of challenge, as they don’t simply cover one team in one sport year round. Our Local sites offer the chance to get fully encompassed in your city’s sports scene – covering everything from the professionals to the amateurs and all that falls inbetween. Current editor openings include:
- Editor, Old North Banter – North Carolina
- Editor, SD Bandwagon - San Diego
- Co-editor, Mile High Maniac – Denver
- Co-editor, Da Windy City – Chicago
- Co-editor, LA Sports Hub – Los Angeles
- Co-editor, Tip of the Tower – Toronto
- Co-editor, Big Easy Believer – New Orleans
- Co-editor, The Baltimore Wire – Baltimore
- Co-editor, Heat Waved – Phoenix
- Co-editor, Factory of Sadness – Cleveland
- Co-editor, Sport DFW – Dallas
- Tampa Bay
Other FanSided Openings