The FanSided Network is the fastest-growing independent sports network on the net. Our network is not only a prime destination for some of the web’s best fan-driven sports content but we also feature some unique opportunities for those looking to get their start in the online sports media industry.
FanSided editors are given full editorial control of their very own team sites. They’re eligible for our competitive revenue sharing program and a myriad of other perks. Whether you are looking to make a little extra money covering your favorite teams or you want a career in sports, FanSided is where you want to be.
Below is a list of our current editor openings. If you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting, young companies in the industry, get your application in now!
We aren’t just looking for benchwarmers. FanSided editors need to be franchise players. Building the best damn sports blog on the net isn’t for the faint of heart. It takes guts, determination and most of all, passion.
Do you have what it takes? Apply Now!
FanSided.com is the hub for the entire network. It’s our home. It’s an excellent opportunity for smart writers with wide-ranging sports interests to help us keep on top of all major stories coming out of the sports world. News Desk writers need to be able to work at a quick pace while producing error free content on the fly on most any topic.
News Desk shifts typically consist of four hour blocks in which each writers is expected to contribute 12+ posts during their shift. Writers should be available to work at least two shifts each week as needed.
Entertainment & Lifestyle
Sports have always been the backbone of the FanSided Network, but we continue to expand into the areas of entertainment and lifestyle. Such expansion has opened up a new world of potential opportunities for writers to establish a voice and find a following here with FanSided. Initially these Staff Writer positions will be unpaid roles, but there will be additional paid opportunities as these sites continue to grow.
Our entertainment sites include:
- FlickSided (co-editor role available)
- Hidden Remote
- Rhyme Junkie
- Lightly Buzzed
- 1428 Elm
- Bam, Smack, Pow
- Everything on Tap
- TripSided (editor role available)
- Caped Crusades
- Whatever A Spider Can
- Dork Side of the Force (editor role available)
In addition to having Staff Writer vacancies at each of these sites, we are also looking for News Desk writers for our television site, Hidden Remote. News Desk writers will need to have a wide range of interests and the ability to produce largely error free copy at a quick pace. These positions will typically involve a four-hour shift at a predetermined time throughout the week to cover breaking news and the like.
Collegiate sports are the home to some of the loudest and most passionate fans across the sporting world. Have a passion for your alma mater’s athletic program? How about just an affinity for a certain school’s teams even if you didn’t go there? There are numerous opportunities to run a site here within FSNCAA and reach other fans as opinionated as you:
- Razorbackers – Arkansas Razorbacks
- Zona Zealots – Arizona Wildcats
- Beaver Byte – Oregon State Beavers
- Boiling with Bias – Purdue Boilermakers
- Glory Colorado – Colorado Buffaloes
- Hoosier State of Mind – Indiana Hoosiers
- Storm the Paint – St. John’s Red Storm
- Green, Gold and Bold – USF Bulls
- Hail Florida Hail – Florida Gators (co-editor)
- Jug of Snyder – Kansas State Wildcats
- Musketeer Xtra – Xavier Musketeers
- Bark of Hinkle – Butler Bulldogs
- Death Valley Voice – LSU Tigers
- Pick Axe Digest – Charlotte 49ers
- Paw of the Tiger – Memphis Tigers
- Fly War Eagle – Auburn Tigers
- Through the Phog – Kansas Jayhawks
- Hoyos Revenge – Utah Utes
- Hail WV – West Virginia Mountaineers
- Gold and Gopher – Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Gig Em Gazette – Texas A&M Aggies
- Dear Old Gold – Iowa Hawkeyes
- GBM Wolverine – Michigan Wolverines (co-editor)
- Spartan Ave – Michigan State Spartans
- Busting Brackets – College basketball
- Plus a host of schools we’ve yet to develop sites for within the NCAA’s major conferences.
Can’t get enough baseball? Looking for a chance to start covering the game? There are opportunities across all 33 of our MLB sites for those interested in sharing their passion for the game or merely continue writing about it as a hobby. Additional opportunities are available for those looking to help run their own MLB site under the FanSided umbrella:
- Wahoo’s on First – Cleveland Indians (co-editor)
- Halo Hangout – Los Angeles Angels (co-editor)
- Friars on Base – San Diego Padres (co-editor)
- There are also staff writer opportunities with Call to the Pen (general MLB), Grading on the Curve (minor leagues), Fantasy Baseball Cracker Jacks (fantasy baseball), and all of our other team sites.
- Blogging Dirty – Atlanta Falcons (co-editor)
- Ebony Bird – Baltimore Ravens (co-editor)
- Titan Sized – Tennessee Titans
- Stripe Hype – Cincinnati Bengals (co-editor)
- We’re always open to adding staff writers to our other team sites as well.
- Eyes on Isles – New York Islanders
- The Canuck Way – Vancouver Canucks
- Rink Royalty – Los Angeles Kings
- The Rat Trick – Florida Panthers (co-editor)
- Hockey at the Forks – Winnipeg Jets
- Blue Line Station – New York Rangers
- There are also staff writer opportunities at our other team sites.
- Air Alamo – San Antonio Spurs (co-editor)
- Space City Scoop – Houston Rockets (co-editor)
- Each of our team sites could also benefit from additional staff writers.
Our Local sites offer a different type of challenge, as they don’t simply cover one team in one sport year round. Our Local sites offer the chance to get fully encompassed in your city’s sports scene – covering everything from the professionals to the amateurs and all that falls inbetween. Current editor openings include:
- Heat Waved – Phoenix
- The Baltimore Wire – Baltimore (co-editor)
- Riverfront Ball – Cincinnati
- Old North Banter – North Carolina
- Rush the Kop – Liverpool
- View From Avalon – LA Galaxy
- North Bank RSL – Real Salt Lake
- Four Four Crew – Columbus Crew
- MLS Multiplex – MLS (staff writers)
- There are also opportunities to expand into both the EPL and MLS.
Other FanSided Openings
- The Living Daylights – Boxing
- Pro Golf Now
- Stock Car Spin – NASCAR/racing (co-editor)
- Spiked Up, Psyched Up – Track & Field (editor role available)